There are many health benefits packed into green tea. In this article we are going to talk about why you should drink matcha green tea even if you are drinking the regular green tea already.
Here are some reasons why you should do that:
1. It can slow down the effects of aging. This is something that everybody wants to achieve, especially after reaching their 40s. Matcha tea is effective in doing this due to the content of a substance known as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). This substance can strengthen your body’s cell-walls and that will increase the protection against invaders and toxins and that will result with healthier and youthful-looking skin.
2. It can help you to lose weight. Matcha tea is effective in this case because it can speed up your metabolism and that can increase the calorie you are burning throughout the entire day. Matcha tea, according to studies can speed up your body’s physical recovery after hard workouts. It is really great addition to your pre-workout shake because it contains caffeine. This means that matcha tea is excellent calorie burner.
3. It can normalize the cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Matcha tea is effective in this case due to the substance we mentioned above, EGCG, and that substance has influence on the way of the glucose being absorbed. It can prevent blood sugar spikes when matcha tea is consumed with a meal and the catechins that are present there can lower the amount of glucose being filtered through your bloodstream. EGCG, according to studies can lower the risk of stroke and as well it can lower the cholesterol.
4. It can eliminate bad breath. During detoxing or dieting, you might deal with unpleasant appearance of bad breath, but there are cases when people are dealing with that even when they are not detoxing or dieting. Doctors are recommending matcha tea to solve this kind of unpleasant situation. After your meal, you should drink cup of matcha tea and you will have healthier gums and that way you are going to fight tooth-decay.
5. It can calm you down. Matcha tea is effective in doing this because it contains amino-acid known as L-Theanine and that amino-acid can stimulate the Alpha brainwaves (In Alpha wave mode, one is usually relaxed but alert, and Beta waves are linked with being active and busy). That will help you to get into that mind-state where you are going to be relaxed but at the same time focused.
6. It can fight free-radicals. Free-radicals can do so much harm to your body, especially the skin. But matcha tea can fight them effectively. Matcha tea is effective in this case because it contains 137 times more antioxidant than the regular green teas and it also contains chlorophyll. This can protect you from the free-radicals like heavy metals and chemicals that we are all exposed to today because of the modern lifestyle.
7. Last but not least, it can fight cancer. Matcha tea has cancer-fighting properties. You can reduce the risk of lung, breast, prostate, colon and ovarian cancer if you consume matcha tea regularly. Matcha tea is effective in this case because of the substances we already talked about previously, EGCG and that substance has the ability to inhibit enzyme that is causing the development of cancer and it can also kill the malignant cancer cells while keeping the healthy tissue undamaged.
If these seven reasons don’t convince you to drink matcha tea more, then maybe the fact that many celebrities are drinking it, will convince you. Gwyneth Paltrow is one of the many celebrities that love matcha tea.