In the Bible it is called the tree of life, and the ancient Egyptians are the first that used it for medicinal purposes.
This treasure in the world of flora helps in treating very different kinds of health problems, and with it you can easily prepare healthy beverage for yourself.
The father of the medicine Hippocrates recommended concentrate from olive leaves for the people that were suffering from various conditions.
The healing ability of the olive tree is also mentioned in the Bible and it is called ‘’the tree of life ’’, but many people are still not fully familiar with the powers of the olive leaf which was already used for 3500 years.
Studies have found that olive leaf possesses antiviral properties and can act better than any pharmaceutical antibiotics.
The health benefits from olive leaf extract:
1. Strengthens the immune system;
2. Prevents viral diseases such as influenza;
3. Helps with the weight loss process;
4. Prevents osteoporosis;
5. Maintains the mental health;
6. It acts antibacterial and antifungal in the cases with athlete’s foot, fungus on the feet;
7. Helps in the cases with sore throat, sinusitis, and pneumonia;
8. It acts as an antimicrobial agent for increasing the immunity and the treatment of cancer;
9. Treats diseases such as arthritis, chronic fatigue, colds and psoriasis.
The olive branch is known as a symbol of peace, so it is not a big surprise that tea from olive leaf has a calming, relaxing and soothing effect on the overall health.
This tea is successful in dealing with health pains that are caused by herpes, an infection of the urinary tract, hepatitis B, atherosclerosis, and other.
Tree of life recipe
Ingredients needed for the healing tea from olive leaf:
15-20 dried leaves of olive
220-300 ml water
Start with putting the leaves in a boiling water and boil for additional 10 minutes. After that you can remove that from the heat and to let it cool for around 15 minutes. If you want you can add lemon juice and honey to enrich the taste of the tea.
Tip: For the best results, consume the olive leaf tea regularly for a couple of weeks.